The Working Women Queensland state-wide program is a telephone advisory service providing free and confidential support to Queensland women. The program is funded by Queensland Government and operates under the Basic Rights Queensland Inc. and targets the most vulnerable women including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women
- Women from non-English speaking culturally diverse backgrounds
- Migrants, visa holders and international students
- Women who have a disability
- Women in regional, rural and remote areas
- Women with family responsibilities
- Women of mature age
- Young women
- Women experiencing domestic and family violence
- Women experiencing mental health issues
- Small business employers of the above groups
WWQ has worked closely with both the Northern Territory and South Australian Working Women’s Centres in developing the content and responsive action of the DVWA programs.
We will continue to grow the program with the input of stakeholders and service users with the overarching objective to better prevent and respond to domestic and family violence as a workplace response.