The NT Working Women’s Centre is a free and confidential service offering advocacy, information and support for vulnerable women in the NT who have no place to turn when faced with workplace problems.
The Centre particularly targets services to those in a disadvantaged bargaining position, insecure and low paid work.
The Centre gives particular attention to:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women
- Women from non-English speaking culturally diverse backgrounds
- Migrants, visa holders and international students
- Women who have a disability
- Women in regional, rural and remote areas
- Women with family responsibilities
- Women of mature age
- Young women
- Women experiencing domestic and family violence
- Women experiencing mental health issues
- Small business employers of the above groups
The NTWWC is funded by the Fair Work Ombudsman and the NT Department of Trade Business and Innovation.
The service opened in 1994 and has offices in Darwin and Alice Springs.
Referrals to specialist Domestic and Family Violence Services
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales